Candies always add a good flavour to your mouth and it is a great way to treat yourself by having candies. There are several people who love having flavoured candies sometimes when they feel hungry or sometimes after having food to sweeten their mouth. Candies usually come in several different flavours like orange, mango, tamarind and much more. Preparing such flavoured candies at home is not at all a big task, you only need to go through the recipe and then you can prepare it yourself at your home. If you love to eat oranges, then you can try preparing orange candies with the peel of an orange. Preparing a candy with the orange peel not only adds a great flavour, but also reduces the waste. If you don’t want to prepare it at home, look for Orange Candy Suppliers who can provide you orange candies.
Peel of orange is a good source of vitamin C and can help in digesting food, eliminating nausea and bloating. Also, it can help in lowering the cholesterol level in the body. Although it is easy to prepare orange candy, but it might consume a lot of time in drying up the orange peel. So, if you feel that you don’t have that enough patience, get orange candy from the orange candy suppliers.
Here is the recipe if you are really excited to prepare it yourself:
Ingredients that you require:
- 2 oranges, of which ¼ inch of bottom and top is cut off
- Approximately 4 cups of sugar
- Approximately 3 cups of water
Steps of Preparation for Orange Peel Candy are as follows:
- Start with cutting off the peel of orange into vertical segments. Make sure to slice the peel from the orange properly. It may take 1 or 2 days to dry up the peel. So, let the orange peel get dried and wait till then.
- Once orange peel gets dried, place orange peel in a big saucepan and cover the peel in a pan with cold water for some time.
- Switch on the gas and heat up the pan on high flame so as to boil the water in the pan. Because of the boiling water, the orange peel becomes more softened such that sugar can be absorbed well with the peel.
- Eliminate all the water from the pan via colander and keep the orange peel aside in it.
- Now, add around 3 cups of sugar and 1 cup of water in the saucepan.
- Switch on the gas and start boiling the mixture of sugar and water. Boil the mixture till sugar does not get dissolved in the water.
- Now, add the peels that are set aside into the pan that comprises of sugar and water.
- Simmer on low flame for around 40-45 minutes or till the time you feel that peel are soft and somewhat semi-transparent.
- The next step is to take out the peel strips from the pan and roll those peel strips in sugar.
- After removing the sugar coated peel strips, place them onto a wire rack.
- Let them get dried for around 4 hours or for the whole night.
- Your orange peel candies are now ready and make sure to keep them in air-tight containers for around 2 weeks.
After reading the above-mentioned preparation steps for the orange candy, it might seem easy to prepare it at home. But still, if you feel that you are not efficient enough, then you need to look for orange candy suppliers. Shadani Group is one of the best orange Candy Wholesalers that is known for providing the best taste and different types of flavoured candies at best prices.