If you are looking for home security camera systems, then you are already aware that how security cameras can help in stopping home break-ins and to keep your property and family safe from the vandals and burglars. The point is whatever camera you choose; its efficiency can be influenced by the location you are planning to place. Through the article, we will help you in understanding how you can increase the effectiveness of Security camera by placing it right.
Ask Questions from yourself
Before you start installing Security camera system ask yourself some questions to know are you installing it on right place.
- Where you actually need a camera?
- Which is the most vulnerable area on your property?
- Do you have entries that are obscured, like windows or doors which are appealing to the thieves?
- Does your home ever experience any break-in (Consider the question in respect of the previous owners too)?
- If there is a break-in, in the past, where was it?
- What kind of security camera system placement tools do I need?
Answer these questions to yourself and you will come to the conclusion that your spotted location for camera installation is actually a correct one or not? Security cameras can be tempered so ask yourself that you want an outsider to know that you have a camera installed? The trick is to put fake dummy cameras at visible places and actual one on hidden site.
Avoid these common Mistakes before installing Camera
- The biggest mistake is not securing security cameras for home so they can be easily tempered. When you put a security camera outside then take extra precautions.
- Home security cameras are not built to do multitask. It simply can’t capture the face of roadster along with picking license plate and giving details of the neighbor house at the same time. Choose before installing what you want from your camera.
- Placing the camera at the highest point may give you larger look but it will not provide any detail. Highest point strategy even not give you face details of any unwanted trespasser.
- If your camera doesn’t have night vision feature then do not place it at the darker location. Placing the camera at good light source area will give far better footage. Not that avoid direct sunlight because it causes stripes of sun rays in the footage.
The Best location and Position of your Camera
The position of camera plays most important role in better surveillance. Below we have listed some of the great places you can select for your Security camera installation.
- The front door is the best suitable place as most of the thieves enter through the front
- If you have back door at home, then consider the back-door position also for camera installation.
- Near off street window is also a great option. Off street windows are the common target of burglars so putting the camera here provide you a safety from that part of the home.
Check Home Security Camera Set-up law – The most basic rule you should know is do not point your camera on other’s property.
Hoping that till now you have easily picked up a spot for installing a camera at home.