In case you have AIDS and you are doubtful that you are pregnant don’t lose time! Just contact your doctor atearliest! Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) has been brought about by deadly retrovirus-the human immunodeficiency virus that is (HIV).There are many women who are HIV effective and they have no idea about it.
Remember that thepeople who are HIV – infected do not really display the symptoms immediately. The period between HIV infection and developing full blown AIDS might be anything between three months to seventeen years. However, there exists Treatment of aids in pregnancy in some cases.Talking about HIV, it works by terminating the immune system ofinfected individuals who then get prone to dangerous and life-threatening situations such aspneumonia and lymph node tumours. But with the improved drugs inmarket, the prognosis for the AIDS patients has vastly enhanced.
The point is thatpregnancy does not essentially make the mother’s HIV ailment any worse, however mother orcouple in such condition need to be counselled about her own health and health ofbaby. The long term outcomes of treatment, the possible side-effects and results should also be discussed properly.
A look into Facts!
- A baby who is born to a HIV-infected woman has a twenty five % chance of being HIV-positive, in the absence of treatment or interventions.
- HIV andensuing treatments do increase the danger of premature birth.
- A combination of C- sectionand anti-retroviral therapygreatly diminishes the HIV transmission to babies by less than one per cent.
- In case one of the partners is affected a couple might opt for the artificial insemination.
- Infertility clinics that take sperm donors will generally follow that the man who donates sperm deposits his test report showingHIV status. It is generally done twice-once during the time of donation and then again after three months. Only if both these tests are negative the sperm can be accepted for use.
High risk females
Females get HIV-infected throughfollowing ways:
- Unprotected heterosexual sex ( it carries the vast majority)
- Females whose male partners make use ofIV drugs
- Females whose male partners go for male sex partners
- Females who make useof IV drugs
- Females havingmultiple sex partners
- Females who possess sexually transmitted ailments
- Recipient of the blood transfusions whereblood is infested
Who should take HIV Screening?
Though it is recommended that all the adults who are between the age group of thirteen and sixty four years are screened for HIV, It is mandatory that all the women be screened for HIV well before the conception.In case it is not possible thenscreening should be done during the time of pregnancy. It is to make sure that correct treatment can be performed to guard the baby.
Thus, the bottom line is that there are always possibilities of ailments. It is better that you go for proper tests and medicines to stay free from aids or HIV. You can get pregnancy infections medicine but it is always better to be safe than to be sorry.